Saturday, January 21, 2012

Snow day, Slow day



          These are the kind of easy, slow paced days I love.  We have a fresh blanket of snow, about 3”-4”, and I just got a message that bowling was cancelled for this morning.  So we don’t have to hurry out into the cold to shovel the walk and clear off the car.  These things will happen but all in good time.  Days like this don’t come along too often.
          I lit the wood burner, grabbed a fresh cup of coffee, and started some oatmeal for breakfast, because this just feels like a good day for some hot steamy oatmeal.  The boys will probably curl up on the couch under quilts with their DS’s and have epic fossil battles all morning.  I’ll be in my sewing room working on a few more blocks for the quilt I’m making, the state flowers.  Eventually we’ll make it outside but not for a while. 
          I’m thinking tomato soup and grilled cheese for lunch and then will head outside.  I’ll shovel off the front porch steps and the walk while the boys feed Matilda, the lone surviving chicken from 2 years ago.  (Matilda is more like a pet to the boys so we can’t butcher her)  Then we’ll all bring a wheelbarrow load of fire wood. 
          Later, after Jeff gets home from work, we’re going to load up the boys sleds I his truck (which is finally running properly and legal to be on the road) and head over to his Mom & Dad’s house.  They’ve got a good sled riding hill in their yard. 
          Yes this is a welcome change to the hurried pace we’ve have been keeping lately.  These relaxing days don’t happen often so I plan to enjoy this while I can.                                              


No comments:

Post a Comment