Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Spring Cleaning, Early

            I don’t know what got into me yesterday, but I suddenly got the urge to do some serious cleaning.  It probably has something to do with the fact that we are spending so much time inside right now.  I set out to clean my family room and boy did I clean it. 
            I noticed that it was dusty in here and thought, “I’ll wash the walls down.”  That led to washing off everything on the walls.  Then I looked up at the textured ceiling, (I hate our textured ceilings) and saw dust and a cobweb or two.  So then I figured I might as well wash the ceiling as well.  That meant that all the furniture had to go so that I could move the ladder all over the room.  Well, you can probably guess what happened next, since the ceiling and walls were clean and the furniture had already been moved out, what better time to scrub the carpet. 
            It took me all day.  I finally got everything put back in the family room at about 8:00PM.  It looks so good I think I’m going to do the living room today. 
            Everyone always talks about spring cleaning but I don’t have time in the spring.  Once spring gets here there is so much that needs doing outside I don’t have time to clean inside so I think winter is a fine time to my heavy indoor cleaning.  And it will stay clean longer after I finish in winter since the windows are all shut. (Living on a dirt road does have a couple draw backs.) So I’m off to tackle another room.  If you don’t hear from me for a couple of days I’m probably doing battle with the dust bunnies.

No comments:

Post a Comment