Friday, May 4, 2012

Something New

     Last night I did something new with the boys.  We have never been to an art museum or a gallery but a friend was having some of her paintings put on display at Deer Creek Winery at the mall.  I wanted to go to see Marcia and show her support (and to see some of her wonderful work in person.)  I wasn't real sure how that was going to go with the boys.  Taking two energetic boys to a place where they can't run or touch things is just asking for trouble sometimes.  But Jeff wasn't feeling well and I really wanted to go so off we went.

     I'm so happy to say that the boys loved it!  Marcia's work was beautiful!  We all loved it!  Shane decided that "The Tree of Extra Life" was his favorite.  JJ said he couldn't decide. I think they were especially impressed that they got to talk to Marcia, who was wonderful with them.  They had lots of questions for her about how she got to be an artist and how did she get so good.

     We couldn't stay too long, that rambunctious little boy nature started to appear, and that's not a good thing in a store filled with breakable items.  But I'm so glad we went.  It was so nice to see Marcia & Travis.  And the boys are now totally inspired today.  Shane was up at 6:30 and drawing pictures on the front porch.

1 comment:

  1. Aw thank you SO much for coming! I loved meeting the boys and giving them art advice. Hehe!! Always encourage them to create!
    Thanks again...it was great seeing again!

    ReplyDelete